License compatibility of BSD-new to X11

Jan-Christoph Borchardt JanCBorchardt at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 12 10:56:16 UTC 2011

Hey all,

at the moment I mail web application developers to license their code
freely. Now I have a (probably easy) question regarding license
compatibility:

A developer wants to release his application as MIT/X11. It uses the Dojo
toolkit which is licensed as modified BSD (or Academic Free License 2.1).

Is this possible? The third clause of the modified BSD seems to prevent that:
»Neither the name of the <organization> nor the names of its contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
without specific prior written permission.«

Thanks in advance. :)

--
Jan-Christoph Borchardt
http://libreprojects.net