Re: OpenERP Webclient proprietär

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:06:14 UTC 2010

On 28 September 2010 10:34, Georg C. F. Greve <greve at fsfeurope.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately it would more aptly be called "abuseware" today because many of
> them claim towards their customers that they are "Open Source" - with all the
> implications this brings - which is a case of false advertising that abuses
> the Free Software brand.

It occurs to me that the OSI will not be pleased with this sort of
thing. Despite past personal frictions between some early OSI members
and, ah, everyone, OSI is basically on the side of Free Software, not
against it. The current OSI volunteer team are rather more capable of
talking to humans, are working to get the team useful again, and
having them guarding the term "open source" would be good for free
software. Has anyone from FSF or FSFE been in touch with any of them?
Simon Phipps (webmink) in particular would be very good value, and is
UK-based.

- d.