Norwegian Free Software Center Opposes Government Pro FOSS Policy

simo simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Sep 13 13:41:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 15:21 +0200, Carsten Agger wrote:
> man, 13 09 2010 kl. 13:54 +0100, skrev Alex Hudson:
>
> > If we take that argument at face value, what we're saying is that for
> > any Government website (as an example), people should have the right to
> > run a modified version of it for their commercial purposes that have
> > nothing to do with the Government data. It would be interesting to see
> > the construction of an argument that those freedoms are necessary for
> > good governance.

If the government web site offers services to third parties (commercial
entities) that can interface with it, it is useful (I'd say necessary)
at least for testing purposes to run your own copy so you can build
whatever application interface w/o messing to with the original
goverment web site.

Simo.