Should the FSF come out in support of Microsoft?

Andreas K. Foerster list at akfoerster.de
Sat Oct 2 10:39:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 03:22:39AM +0100, David Gerard wrote:

> The EFF certainly has!
>
> http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/09/eff-supports-microsoft-seeking-make-it-easier

It's good to look at the issue at hand, rather then at the parties involved.
So, I think it is a good position they have in this case.  It may affect not
only Microsoft, but Free Software comapnies also, because it could set a
precedent.

However, I think it is unfortunate how they put it in the headline of their
article.  There they put the name of the company in the first position,
instead of the topic the case is about. - Note, that I only complain about
the headline!

So yes, the deeds are good, the words are not.

So I think, the FSF should have the same position, but they should communicate
it differently.

--
AKFoerster