mailing list misbehaving...

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Tue Mar 9 16:36:40 UTC 2010

Several people with @gnu.org mail addresses have had problems with the
fsfeurope.org list, the problem seems to be with the fsfeurope.org
mailing list server.  I got this just now:

| From: discussion-bounces at fsfeurope.org
| To: ams at gnu.org
| Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:00:03 +0100

Before that I got messages like these:

| From: discussion-request at fsfeurope.org
| To: ams at gnu.org
| Subject: confirm 36bc7d617c7cc483300e6723019d829964942b7b
| Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:00:01 +0100
|
| Your membership in the mailing list Discussion has been disabled due
| to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
| 16-Feb-2010.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
| you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 2 more reminders like
| this before your membership in the list is deleted.

But trying to resubscribe I get a message stating that I am already
subscribe.  Ward tried contacting the list owner, but there was no
reply, can someone please look into this problem and resolve it?