From Football to Free Software: EURO 2012 qualification

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Aug 19 09:48:48 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Guido started with a Free Software tournament parallel to the football
championship:

  During the last few weeks after the world cup, the idea grew up in me
  to run a parallel tournament to the football championship in Europe
  2012 where the discipline is Free Software usage in Government. This
  idea sounds so much like work, and I have so many other more important
  things to do, that I forced myself to forget about it. Today was the
  first qualifying game for the Euro 2012 and I just decided to give it
  a try nevertheless. We will see how long I will stay on the ball

- Rules of the game:
  http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido/2010/08/euro-2012-in-free-software/
- Estonia vs. Faeroe Islands
  http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido/2010/08/euro-2012-qualifying-estonia-vs-faeroe-islands/
- preparing for day #2
  http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido/2010/08/euro2012-qualifying-preparing-for-day-2/

I am looking forward to more results and participation :)

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - Fellowship Coordinator, German Coordinator
Free Software Foundation Europe (fsfe.org)