Selling the GPL inside your company

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:53:48 UTC 2010

... or free software issues in particular. The question was triggered
by someone whose management is scared silly of the GPL, for whatever
spurious reasons. My answers assume that legal and technical facts
won't work without answering the subjective business-sense issues
attached.

What sort of things have you had to do to get reluctant management to
let you contribute patches back to free software?

- d.