Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Sat Apr 24 14:34:42 UTC 2010

   I don't care if it is common sense or reasonable to you, to have
   the four freedoms for every software I use (remotely or localy). I
   want the four freedoms for every software I use, no matter if it
   runs on my computer or the computer of someone else. I just matters
   that I am a user and don't have the four freedoms.

That would be invasion of privacy, you should not have the right to
modify the version of telnet that runs on my machine, no matter how
much you'd like that.

What does make sense, is for you to create your own server that runs
like mine.  This is why the GNU Affero license exists.