Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Michael Kesper mkesper at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 20 19:59:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:38:38AM +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
> All life is about
> compromises, each and every day, and software freedom makes no exception
> in my opinion. Two examples:

Thank you for your very long but good post!
I'd say it's important to show people the different mindsets.
If I'm forced to use windows (at work), I'm always again astonished how
difficult it is to get the tools to just do your work, how much pain it is
to keep everything updated etc. GNU/Linux, in contrast, feels much more
"out of one hand", as all those thousands of packages can be installed and
deinstalled with just one command. There's no need to use crippled demo /
student versions or shareware. The tools are all inclusive.
Maybe you can also show that even people who are not programmers can help
A LOT by translating, sending bug reports, designing themes etc.

My 2cents
Michael
--
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) []   (http://fsfe.org)