Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Graziano graziano at gnu.org
Tue Apr 20 08:22:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:38:38 +0200, Kristian Rink <kristian at zimmer428.net>
wrote:
> Hi there;
>
> and first off, thanks a bunch for your thoughts...

thank you for yours.

I see your point and I would like to answer.

I said "where it is possible".

I think we should try to achieve freedom when it is possible.

What I see, instead, is free software activists installing ubuntu and then
giving up without explaiing the four freedoms, the philosophy behind the
GNU operating system and the fact that ubuntu is not a fully free software
distro.

I was only pushing everybody to try to do more, when it's possible, and
not just give up on stage 1.

Fully free software GNU/Linux distributions are here now.

Let's try to install, push, explain those ones instead of just "installing
ubuntu" first, would you?

Graz.