non standard PDF? [was: Re: Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?]

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Tue Apr 20 07:01:28 UTC 2010

Matthias-Christian Ott schrieb:
> Despite this, I've never found a PDF document that didn't work with
> xpdf or evince.

How about this one:
http://www.skppsc.ch/1/downloads/de/Betrugspraevention_www.den-trick-kenne-ich.ch.pdf

I'm not able to open this with any of my PDF readers, not even xpdf. It doesn't
appear to be DRMed, just somehow prgrammed not to open without the required
Adobe reader. My usual trick of using pdf2ps doesn't work either, it is the
first PDF I've not been able to view without resorting to Adobe reader. Or am I
doing something wrong?

This is strange, as it comes from a semi-official website
http://den-trick-kenne-ich.ch/4/de/ from the combined police departments of the
Swiss kantons.

Cheers, Theo Schmidt