Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Kostas Boukouvalas boukouvalas at fsfe.org
Fri Apr 16 12:51:18 UTC 2010

> On 16 April 2010 15:35, Gregory Zysk <gmzysk at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Neither "Linux" is mentioned on ubuntu dot com first page. I think an
official direct question to Mark Shuttleworth, Jane Silber and Jono
Bacon could solve the question and it could also received as a kind
pressure to foster "GNU/Linux" in some FAQ. The reason, for this I
think is that Ubuntu is both a trademark and a product (despite the
fact of the existing community), of Canonical Ltd. and probably legal
issues raise when a distro is supported by a company.