Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Sam Tuke mail at samtuke.com
Fri Apr 16 12:16:30 UTC 2010

This is a mailing list for discussion about Free Software, and I felt that it was a good place to make my observation as it affects GNU/Linux when such an important distribution acts like this.

I didn't ask Canonical/Ubuntu because I feel that I understand why they are doing it, and I don't think that its a good policy of theirs. Maybe I will ask them however, and see what they respond with.

Thanks for the recommendation of Free distributions; I hadn't heard of Trisquel before.

Sam