Ubuntu's not GNU/Linux?

Graziano graziano at gnu.org
Fri Apr 16 11:36:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:19:46 +0100, Sam Tuke <mail at samtuke.com> wrote:
> I see that the Ubuntu homepage (www.ubuntu.com/) makes no mention of
> either GNU or Linux.
>
> This seems a very serious omission to me.
>
> I don't find it reassuring that the most popular desktop GNU/Linux
doesn't
> seem to think its an important association to make.
>
> Perhaps a little haranguing is in order?
> _______________________

Why do you ask this here instead of asking it to the people who develop
the ubuntu website?

I don't get it.

Anyway for what I experienced, Ubuntu prefers technical convenience
instead of freedom.
Freedom is not their top priority and Ubuntu is not a fully free software
GNU/Linux distribution.
It includes non free firmware and non free drivers in their Linux kernel,
non free software in all their repository and in the default installation
too.

If you wish to support free software I suggest you to switch to a fully
free software GNU/Linux distribution that has FREEDOM has its top priority
like these ones:

http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

If you like Ubuntu then you could try Trisquel which is ubuntu based.

gNewSense 3.0 instead will be based on Debian Squeeze and it is currently
in development stage.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli  -  http://sorbaioli.org
LibrePlanet Italia Founder  -