improving http://documentfreedom.org/Open_Standards

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Apr 8 16:53:41 UTC 2010

hi Fabian,

* Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> [2010-04-08 16:52:32 +0200]:

> > > Really?
> >
> > Why not?
>
> To collaborate with others, we have to agree on using software that
> supports the same file format and any choice of the format limits
> the number of applications we can use. That's true for Open Standards,
> too.

Ok, now I understand. Something like:

 * Collaborate with others, although they are using a different software than you.

better? Or do you have another suggestion?

> > > Even if my government would be using Open Standards in measurable
> > > quantities, I'd still be limited to software that actually supports
> > > those standards.
> >
> > Yes. I agree. What's your point?
>
> That I can't really chose "any" software.

Have you thought about something like:

 * Choose between different software from different vendors to interact
   with your government.

Best wishes,
Matthias

--
German Coordinator, Fellowship Coordinator
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) []              (http://fsfe.org)