Explaining Open Standards email attachements

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Mon Apr 5 11:48:02 UTC 2010

Dear Sam,

I don't see your point in discussing the text… can you tell me where in
this text you see an unhelpful, inconvenient, geeky-stupid text?

The point of this text is to give an easy explanation of why open
standards are important, taking the example of emails. In doing so, it
also tries to raise awareness on some Open Standards such as ODF and
OGG.

All the rest is up to you and the others, to refuse or accept mp3 files
or not. I don't care and I do not want to discuss in the text to reject
mp3 files because they're not Open Standards: I understand it is about
convenience, but I want to say that convenience comes on both sides.
That's all.

Best,
  Hugo Roy                           im: hugo at jabber.fsfe.org
  French Coordinator            http://www.fsfe.org/about/roy

Free Software Foundation Europe works to create general understanding
and support for software freedom in politics, law and society-at-large.
For more information, see http://www.fsfe.org