Examples of proprietary control

Carsten Agger agger at c.dk
Tue Oct 13 16:57:42 UTC 2009

> This may be at a different level from what you have in mind, and relates
> more to the standards issue you would prefer to deal with later; but the
> issues are inextricably linked: access to data/ information/ knowledge
> in free/open standard formats via free/open protocols with software
> libre, ... saving lives and enabling a2k and innovation in communities
> towards self-determination, self-empowerment, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions and for all the other links, stories and
suggestions! You certainly got me started beyond the WGA/iPhone/Kindle
apƩritifs.

The point about lack of interoparibility (and transparency, and code
access) potentially costing lives is especially important, I believe. The
SAP angle (and the haptics one) are also real eyeopeners. So thanks again.

br
Carsten