books / papers on software exports/imports and bop

Karsten Gerloff gerloff at fsfeurope.org
Mon Oct 5 13:07:33 UTC 2009

Hi Novica,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 07:44:49PM +0200, Novica Nakov wrote:
> I was wondering if someone maybe knows if there are some published
> books or research papers on effect of software exports / imports on
> the balance of payments of countries, especially developing countries
> where free software is highly advocated.

this isn't really figures, but the Worldmapper project has maps on
Royalty and license fee exports/imports. That would include
software, but also books, movies, pictures etc:

	http://www.worldmapper.org/display.php?selected=99
	http://www.worldmapper.org/display.php?selected=100

Hope this helps.

best,
Karsten

--
Karsten Gerloff                      [ ]   <gerloff at fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe   [ ][ ][ ]      [http://fsfe.org]

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).