Movements (was: Terminology (was: Please review our new charter))

list at akfoerster.de list at akfoerster.de
Thu Feb 5 17:45:41 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, dem 05. Feb 2009 schrieb David Gerard:

> For pedants: there have been some exceptions.
[...]

> I don't know of any license that's OSI-approved that isn't also FSF
> "free software".

As I mentioned, I remember the license for Open Watcom was rejected
by the FSF. I don't know the exact reasons anymore.
But the reasons for rejecting the NASA Open Source Agreement is still
there on their licenses page...

But I did not want to harp on that. We all agree that those are just
few exceptions. All in all Free Software and Open Source accept almost
the same licenses. Saying "different viewpoints in one community"
sounds good for me.

--
AKFoerster