Please review our new charter

Bernhard Reiter reiter at fsfeurope.org
Mon Feb 2 13:21:53 UTC 2009

On Sonntag, 1. Februar 2009, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> we have a new charter for our new Free Software, Open source and
> Wikimedia organization,
>
> The idea is to create a local organization that promotes and supports
> * free/libre software
> * open source

Note that for software, "open source" is just a different word
for "free Software".
(The people use those different words for the same status of the software
out of different motivations.)

The way you wrote it above, it looks like you believe those are two different
things, they are not.
It is a bit like saying, oh I like to eat apples, les pommes and Àpfel.

Bernhard

--
FSFE -- Coordinator Germany                                   (fsfeurope.org)
Your donation makes our work possible:  www.fsfeurope.org/help/donate.en.html