RFC - e-mail in tough environments

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Thu Dec 10 12:30:18 UTC 2009

Hi Federico,

Federico Bruni <brunology at gmx.com> writes:
> Thunderbird is an example: if I choose Reply it replies just to the
> sender, if I choose Reply all it replies to the sender and cc the list
> (just like in this email).
> But I've found out right now this addon (Reply to mailing list):
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4455

I think an important tool for mailing list handling is the
Mail-Followup-To header[1].

According to this site[2] Thunderbird (at least since version 3) should
be able to handle this header. So it should be one of the really rare
mail clients which can handle mailing lists follow ups automatically and
intelligent.

[1]  http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html
[2] http://www.leptonite.org/mft/software.html

best wishes,