OpenPGP card, >1024bit keysize

Thomas Jensch jensch at fsfeurope.org
Thu Aug 6 18:58:33 UTC 2009

Hello,

Matthias Kirschner <mk at fsfe.org> [2009-07-15 15:05]:
> We hope to receive the new cards with the Fellowship branding soon.  And
> we are currently testing the new cards which are the same as those
> quoted above.
At the LinxTag Berlin me had a look at the German Privacy Foundation booth and
they are playing around with a very kewl thing: a combined smartcard/USB
stick.
For security stuff this seems to me like an excellent idea, since the
smartcard holds the secret keys and the USB stick part could serve as the
boot-partition.
It doesnt need a card reader plugged to the computer and having the boot
partition on an external stick eliminates one of the few possible attack
scenarios left with a fully encrypted disk.

mfg
Thomas Jensch, Intern - Zurich office

--
http://fsfe.org | http://fellowship.fsfe.org
Your donation powers our work!   (http://fsfe.org/donate)

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030). Its president is
Karsten Gerloff. For more information on FSFE, see http://fsfe.org.