Stallman: cloud computing is a trap

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Mon Oct 6 21:51:44 UTC 2008

MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:

> Another type of provider is a web-application user cooperative: groups
> of users gathering together to employ people who can maintain a
> webserver and application(s) for them.  There are currently very few
> of these and all the ones I know about serve limited communities.

I suspect there are lots of informal arrrangements along similar lines
-- I know of at least four groups of friends-of-friends who club
together to pay to host a machine that's run by one of the group.  I run
a virtual machine that's home to about twenty people this way.

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>