GFDL 1.3

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 4 13:53:13 UTC 2008

MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> This is quite an attitude change to past statments by RMS like "I
> cannot endorse Creative Commons as a whole, because some of its
> licenses are unacceptable. It would be self-delusion to try to endorse
> just some of the Creative Commons licenses, because people lump them
> together; they will misconstrue any endorsement of some as a blanket
> endorsement of all. I therefore find myself constrained to reject
> Creative Commons entirely."

That quote has nothing to do with anything we're discussing here.  There are
real issues to discuss here, so let's try to stay on topic.

(The situation that RMS was commenting on doesn't even exist anymore.  CC
separated out the licences that RMS objected to, AFAICT.)

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Support free software, join FSFE's Fellowship: http://fsfe.org

Recent blog entries: