GFDL 1.3

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 4 13:46:34 UTC 2008

Noah Slater <nslater at bytesexual.org> writes:
> All this talk, and no action. If the FSF is so culpable, why doesn't the FSFE
> step up and do something about the licensing situation?

As a level-headed organisation, the first somethings that FSFE will do about
this situation are discuss it and analyse it.

I see the potential problems, but FSF are pretty cautious, so I guess
they've seen the potential problems too and have reasons why they're not so
worrying or why they were worth the risk.

BTW, there's a GFDL 1.3 FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3-faq.html
(But it's mostly clarifications, not answers to the questions posed here.)

Or is there something specific that you suggest FSFE does about licencing?

For GPLv3, we worked on making the process accessible:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/

For licence usage and enforcement, we've built a network and docs:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/ftf/
http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/status_of_fsfe_s_legal_dept_ftf

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/