firefox, iceweasel, burningdog, icecat, ...

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Sat Nov 1 18:49:26 UTC 2008

Just for context, in my case what held me back was the rest of my family who also used the computer.

I was using cygwin and colinux for around a year first.

My children have had to do without shockwave and are using non-free flash for cbeebies; nickelodean etc.

I continue to berate BBC and other media providers periodically.

I could make them do without cbeebies and such, but I rate my family relations higher than that.

Others may have similar conflicting priorities.

I'd rather bring my family with me slowly than have everybody in my tiny divorced bachelors flat converted quickly.

Sam