How should a newbie search for GNU/Linux help?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 29 12:02:01 UTC 2008

The office where I work has mostly converted to free software, but sometimes
people don't know what website to go to to look for help.

It seems that each distro has it's own forums, and most projects have their
own forums or mailing lists, and then there are some general sites like
linuxquestions.org (or google.com/linux).

These are great for you and I, but not for someone who doesn't know the name
of the project that develops the application they're using, or for someone
who wouldn't think that they have to search three sets of forums.  Can
anyone recommend an umbrella site or portal that I could send them to?

Thanks.
--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Support free software, join FSFE's Fellowship: http://fsfe.org