FSFE Newsletter

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jan 8 12:02:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 11:52:47AM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 11:48 +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:05:21PM +0100, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> > > Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 00:06 +0000 schrieb Rui Miguel Silva
> > > Seabra:

> > > http://samba.org/samba/PFIF/PFIF_agreement.pdf
> > > Page 46 to 55
> >
> > Wrong, those are "third parties".
>
> It seems you're looking at the wrong page(s).
>
> Page 45 lists claims from third parties Microsoft has been notified by.
>
> Pages 46 through 55 list Microsoft owned/controlled patents in the US
> and EU, and patent applications.

I repeated my "procedure" and noticed that in my pagedown after page 45
"Appendix iv" got hidden just above the upper limit of the window, so I
thought they where a listing.

> Hope that helps,

Now it makes sense. Still: => recognising validity of Microsoft's
software patents. => foot, meet bullet

Rui

--
Fnord.
Today is Pungenday, the 8th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?