FSFE Newsletter

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Jan 8 11:52:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 11:48 +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:05:21PM +0100, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 08.01.2008, 00:06 +0000 schrieb Rui Miguel Silva
> > Seabra:
> > >
> > > Oh really? Can you point me to the lists?
> >
> > http://samba.org/samba/PFIF/PFIF_agreement.pdf
> > Page 46 to 55
>
> Wrong, those are "third parties".

It seems you're looking at the wrong page(s).

Page 45 lists claims from third parties Microsoft has been notified by.

Pages 46 through 55 list Microsoft owned/controlled patents in the US
and EU, and patent applications.

Every patent is assigned a number, which is listed on the pages Reinhard
mentioned. If you go to this website:

	http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

... you can enter the US patent number and verify that it is assigned to
Microsoft Corp.

Hope that helps,

Alex.