Why are open standards important for end-users?

gk at fsfe.org gk at fsfe.org
Fri Feb 29 11:29:03 UTC 2008

Hi!

During preparation for the DFD I am currently searching for reasons why open
standards are important for end-users. One apparent reason is "choice" and
all its implications. However, other pro open standard arguments such
as "availability", "no royalty when implementing" and so on won't impress
typical end-users.

Of course "choice" is clearly a really strong argument, but I am still in
search for other ones...

Regards,
	georg

--
We could change the world if god gave us the source.