Copyright term extension rererevisited?

Glyn Wintle glynwintle at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 15:34:59 UTC 2008

As I remember what was said she was calling for was the option of a _voluntary_ system where users could choose to buy a licence that allowed them to download the content. The Open Rights Group was not arguing for a blanket tariff and said the leaked legislation was wrong. She even said the
government
should stay
out
of
legislating
on this issue for
while
Its worth reading ORGs submission to the Gowers review, they where one of the major players in stopping the music industry from extending copy right term, they are not very lightly to be the people to then go and argue that the music industry should be given money for people simply using the internet. The Open Rights Group is the UK equivalent to the EFF in America.

Glyn Wintle (Avid Open Rights Group supporter)