paying artists (was: Re: Freedom or Copyright? - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation) (FSF)

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Wed Feb 13 10:05:01 UTC 2008

* Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com> [2008-02-09 15:03:51 +0000]:

> Donation is no way to reward people. It subjugates them, and turns them
> into beggars. Art by patronage exists but is limited, but having moved
> into a world where artists are properly paid for work and not reliant on
> hand-outs, I doubt the majority of artists would go back.

I am very astonished to read that you state artists are properly paid
for their work. What makes you believe that artists are currently paid
properly? Do you have any sources? Because from what I heard from
several artists, I concluded that the current system is only working for
a handful of big stars but not for the whole other artists.

Best wishes,
Matthias

--
Join the Fellowship of FSFE! (http://fsfe.org/join)