Boycott Trend Micro

Wiebe van der Worp wiebe at vrijschrift.org
Mon Feb 11 08:27:55 UTC 2008

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
>> http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Boycott_Trend_Micro
>
> This seems like a very good idea.
>
> I'd like to blog this and forward it to a few lists.  Before I do, does
> anyone have any comments on this?

Yes, I think it is very important to hit TM as hard as we can. See
http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Call_for_IT_Professionals

Or a quote:
"How important is this boycott?

It is of critical importance to all copyleft and all copyright
developers that are not able to strike back after an attack with
software patents as Trend Micro did. Do everything you can to make this
boycott a success, put banners on your site and spread the url
http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Boycott_Trend_Micro . See Call for IT
Professionals for details. The main message: If this boycott is not
successful we give a sign that software patents are a great way to
exterminate susceptible competitors. The main objective of this boycott
is to stop the threat of software patents.

Summarized: Software patent attacks are a problem for both copyleft and
copyright developers. Software patent holders don't care whether the
competitor that should be eliminated is oriented copyleft or copyright."