Freedom or Copyright? - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sat Feb 9 18:14:35 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 18:08 +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> Hi Alex - still waiting on references to those many academics writing
> about substantial problems with gift economies. I look forward to
> reading them!

Well, I was actually asked for online accessible references, which I
don't have - but if you're willing to buy papers, buy a book, go to a
library, etc., I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you can read, for
example:

The Question of the Gift: Essays Across Disciplines, Mark Osteen
Derrida's Debt to Milton Friedman, Michael Tratner
Competition and Entrepreneurship, Israel M. Kirzner

Cheers,

Alex.