Boycott Trend Micro

Wiebe van der Worp wiebe at vrijschrift.org
Fri Feb 8 20:51:34 UTC 2008

As you probably know ScriptumLibre (branch of Vrijschrift) is calling
for a boycott of Trend Micro.

I would like to ask you to spread the news and to support the action.

http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Call_for_IT_Professionals says:
------
Take action

     * Read about the Trend Micro's patent attack on ClamAV [1]
     * Blog about, and encourage others to boycott Trend Micro
     * Email lists, IT-decision makers, and potential supporters.
     * Contact the media with our press release [2]
     * Translate the press release [3]
     * Joining the mailing list [4]
     * Put banners on your site

The patent attack [1] on ClamAV by Trend Micro is simply unacceptable.
We must boycott Trend Micro, and we must act urgently and aggressively.

A final note: software patent attacks are a problem for both copyleft
and copyright developers so please make this boycott as wide as possible.

Thank you for helping!

[1] A good starting point is the boycott page:
http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Boycott_Trend_Micro
[2] The Press Release:
http://www.scriptumlibre.org/Press_Release_Boycott_Trend_Micro
[3] Create a user account at http://www.scriptumlibre.org/ and request
write rights via office at scriptumlibre.org or mail it
[4] Mail-list: http://mailman.scriptumlibre.org/admin/kern-int
------

What is important right now are translations of the press release.