Boycott Trend Micro
Wiebe van der Worp
wiebe at vrijschrift.org
Fri Feb 8 20:51:34 UTC 2008
As you probably know ScriptumLibre (branch of Vrijschrift) is calling
for a boycott of Trend Micro.
I would like to ask you to spread the news and to support the action.
* Read about the Trend Micro's patent attack on ClamAV 
* Blog about, and encourage others to boycott Trend Micro
* Email lists, IT-decision makers, and potential supporters.
* Contact the media with our press release 
* Translate the press release 
* Joining the mailing list 
* Put banners on your site
The patent attack  on ClamAV by Trend Micro is simply unacceptable.
We must boycott Trend Micro, and we must act urgently and aggressively.
A final note: software patent attacks are a problem for both copyleft
and copyright developers so please make this boycott as wide as possible.
Thank you for helping!
 A good starting point is the boycott page:
 The Press Release:
 Create a user account at http://www.scriptumlibre.org/ and request
write rights via office at scriptumlibre.org or mail it
 Mail-list: http://mailman.scriptumlibre.org/admin/kern-int
What is important right now are translations of the press release.
More information about the Discussion