[eigen] Re: LGPLv3 for a C++ Pure Template Library ?

BenoƮt Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Feb 7 11:55:11 UTC 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 11:45:30 Shane Martin Coughlan wrote:
> I have passed your question on to Brett Smith at the FSF licensing lab.

Many thanks!

>    If you no longer need our assistance please let me know.

Well, since I am no lawyer, I am always happy to receive informed advice.

My understanding was that the LGPL3 does indeed cover the case of C++ template
libraries -- namely in its Section 3, "Object Code Incorporating Material
from Library Header Files".

I am still interested in a confirmation/infirmation that I got that right.

Cheers,

Benoit