Article: "Fixing linux" - opinions?

Noah Slater nslater at tumbolia.org
Thu Dec 11 21:28:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:15:54PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> I've only seen idiots doing it. Intelligent people choose according to
> their preferences and at most say "nice, now if only it did fubar", and
> sometimes it eventually does.
> I've only seen the argument of "many applications for X" on the mouth of
> bashers, so yeah, I view them as plain wrong idiots :)

That's fine, and I'm not about to tell you not to think such a thing.

However, on a mailing list, or other place where intellectual discussion is the
expected norm, hurling about personal insults or prejudiced value judgements
isn't very productive and only contributes to the image of free software
supporters being balkanized zealots.

If we're going to discuss something, lets do it with a wider perspective and an
effort to understand and respect the opinions and perspectives of others.