Analysis on balance: Standardisation and Patents

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Thu Dec 4 05:34:43 UTC 2008

MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> No, I mean the workers.  Often that means the employees, but I don't
> think the patent system should be aimed at employee-employer

For software, we can't settle for anything less everyone being free to
develop and distribute software commercially and non-commercially.  So
AFAICT, we don't have to debate this distinction.

Like the freedom to write a book: it's important that everyone has it, even
if most people will never use that freedom.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 477 36 44 19, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Support free software, join FSFE's Fellowship: http://fsfe.org

Recent blog entries: