Ending a cycle

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 19 10:07:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:04, guido at gnu.org said:

>> In June 2007 I devised with other team members a constructive proposal
>> to re-organize the foundation as a starting point for reforms. It fell
>> on deaf ears. It has since become clear that all efforts would be made
>> to ensure that my resignation was necessary.
>
> Is there any resource to read the discussions? I couldn't find
> anything in the mailman-archive.

No.  As of now these are internal discussions within the team members.

I supported this proposal and we discussed it during the last general
assembly in July.  The outcome was that the executive board was assigned
the task to work on that proposal and start a discussion process by
email.  By the words of the official protocol:

  The GA decides that it is a priority to increase the participation of
  the community in the activities and governance of the organization.

  The GA foresees that changes to the constitution might be required for
  this.

  No secret vote was requested.

  After discussion the item is unanimously approved [9 yes, 0 no, 0 abts].

The executive board did this, presented a new draft on August 28 and
asked us for more input.  Sadly, Stefano (who is full time employed by
the FSFE) did not found the time to reply to that request.  Actually,
his resignment mail from yesterday was the first act of communication at
the European level for several weeks now.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner