Ending a cycle

Guido Arnold guido at gnu.org
Tue Sep 18 22:04:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:06:28PM +0200, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> Dear FSFE Team and Free Software community,
>
> I hearby resign from my position as Italian Chancellor and Fellowship
> Coordinator for the FSFE.

That's sad to read.

> So it is with a heavy heart that I must recognize the organization has
> taken a direction that I can no longer support, one which I feel will
> eventually make it irrelevant in the community, if not defunct.

What exactly is it that you can no longer support FSFE? I just joined the
Fellowship you were coordinating and am curious what made you resign.

> In June 2007 I devised with other team members a constructive proposal
> to re-organize the foundation as a starting point for reforms. It fell
> on deaf ears. It has since become clear that all efforts would be made
> to ensure that my resignation was necessary.

Is there any resource to read the discussions? I couldn't find
anything in the mailman-archive.

> I will continue to promote Free Software within other organizations and
> in other ways.

I wish you all the best.

Greetings,

Guido