Ending a cycle

Stefano Maffulli stef at maffulli.net
Tue Sep 18 13:06:28 UTC 2007

Dear FSFE Team and Free Software community,

I hearby resign from my position as Italian Chancellor and Fellowship
Coordinator for the FSFE.

I have contributed to the growth of the organization since 2001,
including the creation of projects such as the Fellowship and
GNUvox.info, the fight to the swpat directive, the opposition to OOXML
and many other successful activities.

So it is with a heavy heart that I must recognize the organization has
taken a direction that I can no longer support, one which I feel will
eventually make it irrelevant in the community, if not defunct.

In June 2007 I devised with other team members a constructive proposal
to re-organize the foundation as a starting point for reforms. It fell
on deaf ears. It has since become clear that all efforts would be made
to ensure that my resignation was necessary.

I will continue to promote Free Software within other organizations and
in other ways.

I wish to thank all the people who generously contributed time and
expertise to the Italian chapter and the Fellowship.

Regards,
Stefano Maffulli

From now on, please contact me using my personal email addresses:
stef  maffulli net or stef  zoomata  com
My personal blog is at http://maffulli.net