Links about today's MS-EC deal

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Oct 25 16:58:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 11:22:09AM +0200, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> The patent provisions are obviously insufficient for Free Software, and
> thus Samba.

Not only them... look at Section 5.5. of the "No Patents" agreement:

	[quote]An Authorized Person's memory will be considered to be
	unaided if such Authorized Person has not intentionally memorized
	the Confidential Information for the purpose of retaining and
	subsequently using or disclosing it.[/quote]

> But that would be missing the overall picture. The information will be
> made available now, and there should be no problems in the Copyright
> and trade secret fields, at least.

This doesn't seem like "available" or "no problem" in the copyright
field...

It actually looks like an NDA, so I'm imagining software implementing
the protocol without documenting, comments, readable vars/functions,
etc...

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Pungenday, the 6th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?