OOXML vote and corruption: a statistical analysis

Cristian Rigamonti rigamonti at fsfeurope.org
Sun Oct 7 20:40:17 UTC 2007

Here's something interesting if you are into Free Software and Statistics (and
OOXML of course :)

Allin Cottrell replicated a statistical analysis carried out by people at
effi.org (Electronic Frontier Finland), showing significant correlation between
the "perceived corruption index" of a country and their support to OOXML.

FYI, the original effi.org analysis (http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2007-09-05.en.html)
was done using GNU R ( http://www.r-project.org ), Allin's scripts are for gretl
(http://gretl.sf.net), both are Free Software.

Cri