A proposal to facilitate users getting what they want from free software.

David Picón Álvarez eleuteri at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 30 12:19:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'd like to call to your attention an article I've just posted on the FSFE's
website.

https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/modulus/user_driven_software_development

It's a proposal for an organization that would help users and SMEs to pool
resources and risk so that they could collectively commission the
improvements to free software that they need. Incidentally, it might also
help free software writers to get contracts. I think it is a potentially
good idea, but I've gotten some negative feedback about it on the #gnu
channel at freenode. I'd like to know if I am in the wrong track with this.

--David.