Questions / Concepts GPL. Was: Re: GPL License with clause for Web use?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Nov 25 17:27:09 UTC 2007

Carsten Agger <agger at c.dk> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > How about http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ ?
> > Over 3.9 million users seems pretty successful to me.
>
> I am probably blind, but I can't readily find it - where on that page do
> I find the information that it's built with a system under the AGPL?

  "the software behind this petitions site is open source, and
  available to you under the Affero GPL software license. You can
  download the source code (look under 'pet') and help us develop it.
  You're welcome to use it in your own projects, although you must
  also make available the source code to any such projects."

That's under "FAQs".  (You may find it faster to answer such questions
by searching "licence" with "site:petitions.pm.gov.uk" (or other site
of interest) on a web search engine.)

Hope that helps,