Questions / Concepts GPL. Was: Re: GPL License with clause for Web use?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Nov 25 17:23:25 UTC 2007

Carsten Agger <agger at c.dk> wrote:
> [...] e.g. I create a
> realtime online GCC compiler using a CMS under the Affero GPL (not that
> weird an idea: The compiler might create binaries for portable devices
> on which it's not easy to install a compiler yourself), then the Affero
> GPL will apply to the CMS as well to the work as a whole - HOWEVER, the
> GCC compiler will still be pure GPLv3. [...]

And what licence(s) can be used for any modifications to the compiler
done as part of the same project?

The work as a whole seems to be able to be under Affero GPL, so can
the modifcations to the previously-GPL part be under Affero GPL?

I think this may be another question for the collation.

Regards,