GPL License with clause for Web use?

list at akfoerster.de list at akfoerster.de
Thu Nov 22 17:27:24 UTC 2007

Am Thursday, dem 22. Nov 2007 schrieb MJ Ray:

> Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran at fsfe.org> wrote:
> > MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
> > > "Copylefted software is free software whose distribution terms do not let
> > > redistributors add any additional restrictions when they redistribute or modify the
> > > software" but GPLv3 does let, through AGPLv3.
> > > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#CopyleftedSoftware
> >
> > This looks like a mistake in categories.html.  I'll mail FSF about this.

The AGPL compatibility is NOT an added restriction!  It was there right from its first
official release (or earlier).

Okay, you didn't know the exact wording of the final AGPLv3 then, but it is not that
different from the former version of the Affero GPL, so you could have known what it is
about.

--
AKFoerster