state of play: Re: GPL License with clause for Web use?

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Thu Nov 22 17:01:36 UTC 2007

I think we are discussed out, and it comes down to:

Some people don't like the AGPL handling in GPL3
Some people think it is not in line with the FSF values as they
understood them.
Some people think it is in line with the FSF values.

Have I missed anything or anyone?

In minutiae we find that there is confusion over the wording used by
various parties to explain why the feel the way they do.

Of course we can't expect a lexical analysis to show how expectations
are wrong as words are only an approximation to internal thought, but we
can use lexical analysis to understand why opinions differ.

And, I think thats it! ?

Sam