Pleasant solution: Re: Questions / Concepts GPL.

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Thu Nov 22 16:05:39 UTC 2007

I suppose the GPL3 is compatible with GPL3 minus part 13 ?

So if I added an AGPL link permission to GPL3-part13, AGPL users who
modify (rather than link to) my work will not have the power to make me
give to service users the source to my work combined with their patches.

And yet it would still be compatible with Apache, GPL3 and various
others; as well as being AGPL friendly.

If only part 13 considered that rights-holders might not want to
propagate AGPL enforcements and yet might still want to be AGPL friendly.

Perhaps their ought to be an "AGPL link exception" alternative to
part13; if you deny license upgrades to AGPL you at least permit full
linking.

It needn't affect the GPL3-source requirement of the AGPL, I don't care
if AGPL service providers have to give out the full GPL3 source too, in
fact I'd like it.

Sam