GPL License with clause for Web use?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Wed Nov 21 14:47:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 14:28 +0000, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> In fact I had better NOT use GPL3 (or "or later") or folk might
> promote their additions to my work to be AGPL thus preventing me from
> benefiting in return from their changes (as I won't adopt AGPL).
>
> - thus it is prudent for me now to stick to GPL2 only.

Hm, I hope you think about that carefully :)

There are a few benefits to GPLv3, like the patent stuff and broader
"compatibility", that are well worth having.

The AGPL stuff sticks in my throat a bit, but I think in practice it's
not going to be a huge problem because AGPL won't be that widely used.
Poor excuse, but giveth and taketh - being able to re-use Apache
licensed software is the giveth :)

Cheers,

Alex.